Why You Should Take Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplements
Omega-3 comes from both animals and plants, it is extremely good for our hearts. Are you taking omega-3 fish oil supplements?
You should be, many studies have shown how beneficial omega-3 can be to our health. There are three types of omega-3 eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), and alpha-linoleic acid (ALA). ALA comes from flaxseed and other plants while EPA and DHA come from animal sources. Omega-3s from animal sources are considered better than the one from plants because our bodies absorb them better.
If you aren’t already picking up an omega-3 fish oil supplement could do the following for your health:
- Improve your heart heath- According to one study heart attack, survivors were able to reduce their risks of having another by taking this supplement.
- Increase your lifespan- Fish oil can help increase the length of your telomeres.
- Improve your memory- According to another study, it was found that fish oil could boost cognitive function as well as improve brain structure.
- Prevent anxiety
- Strengthen your bones
- Reduce inflammation in your body
- Lose weight
- Reduce your risk of cancer
- Anxiety Prevention- A study published in the European Journal of Neuroscience, fish oil can reverse behavioral changes in rats that are related to depression and anxiety.
Other benefits of supplementing with omega-3 fish oils are the reduction of triglyceride levels and blood pressure, decreased strokes and arthritis symptoms, and even lower chances of developing prostate, breast, and colon cancers. For more information on this please take the time to watch the video below.