Wrap Your Leg With Cabbage For 1 Hour and This Will Happen to Your Joint Pain
Cabbage is a great low-calorie vegetable full of nutritional value. Did you know you could use cabbage topically along with consuming it?
It has been used for several centuries as a traditional treatment for swollen or bruised skin. Cabbage is rich in things like glutamine and phytonutrients that provide anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it extremely beneficial when it comes to preventing cancer and joint pain. How can cabbage be used to treat arthritic pain? Well, it’s actually pretty simple. You can use it as a compress. Here’s how:
- Organic cabbage (red is preferred)
- Rolling Pin (or meat hammer)
- Aluminum foil
- Bandage, gauze, or saran wrap (whichever you have)
- Peel an outer leaf off of the cabbage and wash it.
- Dry it and cut out the stem then place it on the counter.
- Using your rolling pin bruise the leaf, this releases its juices.
- Wrap the cabbage in foil and place it in the oven for a few minutes to warm it. (You do not have to heat them however it increases the effects.)
- Now place the cabbage on the area in which you have been having trouble with.
- Cover the cabbage with the gauze, bandage, or saran wrap and then elevate the area.
Now, while cabbage allergies are rare they do happen sometimes and can cause swelling or itching in some cases. If you experience anything along those lines please do not hesitate to remove the compress and visit a doctor depending on the severity of your irritation.
Cabbage wraps can work wonders on your aching joints if done properly. Your skin will absorb the things it needs from the cabbage once it has been bruised and heated properly. This is a great low-risk cost effective way to help with a minor twisted ankle as well. Now the red cabbage may stain but the benefits you will receive will outweigh the stain on your skin. Enjoy! To see a demonstration on how to use make and use these cabbage wraps please watch the video below.