Here’s What Happens to your Body if You Touch the Roof of Your Mouth with Your Tongue and Breathe
Today we all could use a little improvement to our health. We do not exactly eat the best things, and our health is slowly declining as we go through time. However, using these easy breathing techniques, you can revolutionize your health!
One of the most effective ways to improve your overall health is by changing the way you eat. We eat tons of unhealthy foods today that cause a world of health issues. The big food industry has basically dumbed down all of our food to basically nothing, having no nutritional value. However, there are other ways to improve your health besides eating healthily! All you have to do is harness the control of your breath.
As there is a growing awareness of the power of consciousness and breath training, people are realizing how big of an impact our breath makes. Pranayama is a Western traditional practice that consists of controlling your breath. The prefix ‘prana’ represents the pranic energy responsible for life. The ‘ayama’ suffix stands for control. Simply translated, it is the control of your breath, and doing so can bring about more benefits than you think.
Sleep is extremely important to our overall health. If you aren’t getting enough sleep, your body will slowly start to decline in health. A lack of sleep not only causes your body malfunctions, but it causes you to feel bad all together. Some people have a hard time falling asleep, and it can be extremely frustrating. Sleeping pills exist to simply make a pharmaceutical representative rich, not to fix your sleep issues. The best way to harness the true essence of sleep is by using praynama. The pranayamic sleeping technique is known as the 4-7-8 technique. Here’s how to do it.
1. Place the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth. You want it to be right against the area of tissue that’s located just behind your upper front teeth. It should also stay there all throughout this entire exercise.
2. Exhale all the way out and completely through your mouth, expelling the air with a whoosh sound.
3. Close your mouth and without making any noise inhale through your nose for a count of four.
4. Hold your breath for a count of seven seconds
5. Exhale completely through your mouth, again making a whoosh sound, for a count of eight seconds
You can repeat this process for three more cycles, making a total of four breaths. Be sure to exhale at all times through your mouth, pursing your lips slightly. Practice this two times a day to increase sound sleep and relieving tension! Just remember that there is always a better holistic alternative to any health issue – so never take pharmaceuticals! They just make things rose. All you really need is the power of your breath!