Sinus congestion is something we have all dealt with one time or another. It is awful!
Sinus congestion is painful, annoying, and uncomfortable. It can interfere with our lives in many different ways. It can prevent sleep and in some more extreme cases can require surgery. The most common causes for this is allergies, flu, cold, and sinus infection. Luckily almost always these things can be corrected through home remedies.
Here’s how to clean your sinuses out immediately:
Sinus Cleaning Technique (3 steps broken down further for easier application)
- Sit down and tilt your head and body to a 45-degree angle.
- Turn your head sideways and massage the sternocleidomastoid muscle in a downward direction at least ten times.
- For those of you who are not sure where that muscle is, it is located immediately beneath both ears and runs down the neck along the collar bone.
- Use your index finger to locate the hard bony part of the nose it will run about halfway down the length of the nose itself. Use a circular motion to massage this area for about one whole minute.
- After doing this massage the muscles down the side of the nose towards your cheekbones.
- Use your index finger to locate the upper orbital bone. This will be found in the are above each eye.
- Feel for a slight indentation above the center of your eyeballs. Massage these two spots with pressure that is firm but comfy for one whole minute.
- Now with both hands press firmly in the center of your forehead. Massage outwards towards your temples.
This should relieve your symptoms almost instantly to some degree. It does depend on how well you carry out the steps above and how severely your nasal cavity is being congested. This may need to be repeated a few times if your dealing with a more intense case of congestion. Enjoy!