The majority of the butter that grazes the grocery store shelves is not healthy and is filled with unwholesome ingredients. To truly experience how delicious butter can be you need to make it for yourself!
Homemade, fresh organic butter can be made in minutes, and it is so simple you will be asking yourself why you have not been making it yourself this whole time. All you need it 2 ingredients and a food processor and you will be well on your way to one of the most delicious things you have ever tasted. Let’s get started!
- 2 Cups Organic Heavy Cream
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Pour the cream into a food processor and process for 10 minutes. It will turn into a thick whipped cream first. Continue processing until it turns grainy and begins to separate into butter and buttermilk.
- Drain the buttermilk from the butter.
- Scrape the butter from the sides of the processor, and put it into a clean bowl.
- Place the butter into the colander and strain off the buttermilk.
- Rinse the butter with cold water, gently turning the butter with a spoon while the cold water runs over it. Continue until the water runs clear.
- When the butter is clean, squeeze more liquid from the butter using wooden paddles or spoons to smash butter and pour off liquid.
- Keep it in an airtight container, and store it in the fridge, or the freezer.