This exercise is known as back extension. It is a widely used exercise.
This exercise is used in sports training and as a medicine of sorts. If practiced regularly this exercise will help you get rid of round back discomfort in the spine and give you perfect posture. If you tend to sit a lot this is the exercise for you!
- Lie down on your stomach and put your forehead on a yoga mat.
- Put your arms parallel to your body and press your palms tight against your thighs.
- Put your legs together be sure your toes are slightly drawn.
- Exhale deeply, lift your head, chest, and the top part of your stomach while keeping your arms and legs in place.
- Inhale then slowly go back to the original position.
- Repeat this exercise at least ten times.
Do this exercise three times a week in order to feel tremendous improvement in your glutes, back, and stomach muscles.