5 Chair Exercises That Will Reduce Your Belly Fat While You Sit
Studies show that if you do these 5 exercises you will burn fat all day long! After all, everyone is looking to shed a pound or two these days! Learn how below.
These days it is not uncommon to want to shed a few pounds! Losing stubborn belly fat can be extremely difficult though. You might be doing everything right – exercising, cardio, eating a good diet, and staying hydrated – and still no results. There are many different components of your body that can hinder weight loss. But if you feel like you have tried everything and still can not lose the weight, try these exercises. Studies show that doing them first thing in the morning will make you lose weight all day long! It’s all about stimulating the right muscles in the right way.
Yoga not only helps decrease excess belly fat, but it also allows you to control your body and mind like you never have before! Try yoga for losing extra belly fat. Yoga is beneficial in so many different ways, and losing weight is one of them. However, if yoga isn’t your cup of tea, there are other options too! These exercises can be performed extremely easily, and they just require a chair. Sometimes we don’t have the time to go to the bed or do some mindful yoga. That is why these chair exercises are going to be your best friend.
1. Knee Pull-Ins
This exercise works your core and lowers abs to fight lower tummy flab.
- Sit tall on the edge of your chair.
- Place your feet firmly on the ground in front of you at hip’s width apart.
- Keep your back straight with you belly button pulling in towards the spine and lift your right knee towards your chest.
- Bring your arms towards your shin to get a bigger stretch in your lower abs.
- Do 20-30 reps, alternating your knees.
2. Double Knee Lift
This exercise works out all your abdominal muscles keep you trim and tight.
- Start in a sitting position with your knees touching.
- Place your hands and arms on the armrests. If your chair doesn’t have arm rests, simply hold the seat of the chair.
- Keeping your back straight, lift both of your knees to your chest.
- Lower your feet down to the ground, but do not let them touch.
- Repeat for 10-20 reps.
3. Oblique Pull Ups
These modified double knee lifts melt away love handles to define your waistline.
- Start in a sitting position, resting your arms on the armrests. Lean to one side of your chair to partial lift your bum off the chair.
- Repeat the same motion as the double knee lift.
- Follow up by leaning to the other side and repeating the motion.
- Do 10-20 reps on each side.
4. Floor Reaches
Like obliques, flour reaches fight fat storage in your hips and sides.
- Place your feet back on the ground and sit tall.
- Straighten your arms out to your sides at shoulder height.
- Twist your torso and lean forward to touch your left toes with your right fingers. Keep your arms still as you do so.
- Straighten up and repeat the motion, touching your right toes with your left fingers.
- Repeat the motion for 20-30 reps., alternating each time.
5. Pull Up
This exercise works out your core, arms, back and shoulders to get leaner all-around!
- Sit in a chair without wheels, pressing it against a wall for better stability.
- Place your arms on the armrests and push yourself up off the chair. At the same time, use your abs to pull up your knees.
- Hold for as long as possible and slowly lower yourself back down.