This smoothie is fantastic and will keep you focused and full for hours all the while doing great things for your body. To top it off, it is delicious!
This smoothie contains some things you may not think would be good in a smoothie however, they are added for many good reasons. This smoothie contains beet because beets have betaine which is amazing when it comes to helping with stomach acid that dissolves pathogens. The beets will rejuvenate your liver and promote cardiovascular health.
The raspberries which may not seem as strange are great blood builders and are very high in antioxidants. I will explain more as we continue but overall this smoothie is going to promote blood building as well as energize your liver. This is especially important and we should always try our best to maintain liver health.
Blood and Liver Building Smoothie (Serves 2)
- 1/4th of a beet (use the top part of the stem and be sure to cut it into pieces)
- 1/2 of a carrot
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 2 small scoops of whey protein (standard process)
- 2 rounded teaspoons of coconut oil
- A handful of frozen raspberries (or fresh raspberries if you have access to them)
- Whatever kind of fruit juice you’d prefer I generally tend to use berry
- Chop the beet and carrot then add it into your blender.
- Put all of the other ingredients into your blender as well and blend for one whole minute.
It is that simple! Your liver will thank you and you will feel much better throughout your day. This smoothie is fantastic!