Your oral health is much more important than you think. Are you doing the necessary things to keep your mouth healthy?
Lots of people brush their teeth every day and do not stop to think about whether that is enough. Rinsing with mouthwash is something we all should do. This is because it reduces the presence of plaque and works to fight bacteria that has escaped and evaded your toothbrush.
However, I do not recommend using commercial mouthwashes because of the chemicals and additives most mouthwashes are overflowing with. If you are not using any mouthwash or want to try a healthy chemical free alternative to mouthwash this is the recipe for you. Making your own mouthwash is actually pretty easy!
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of Food Grade hydrogen peroxide
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1 cup of warm water
- Combine the salt and baking soda together then wet your toothbrush and use it to apply the mixture and scrub your teeth.
- After this, use the hydrogen peroxide and warm water rinse your mouth for two full minutes, then spit.
- Now use a toothpick to remove any tartar from between your teeth. Rinse with cold water.
Do this at least three times a week and I strongly recommend you start oil pulling as well if you are not already doing so. For more information on oil pulling please take the time to watch the video below.