We all know how great Epsom salt baths can be and how they benefit our bodies. People across the world use Epsom salt because it is effective and inexpensive.
This salt is different than other salts because it is a naturally occurring pure mineral compound made up of magnesium and sulfate. These are both things that can do amazing things for our health. When we bathe in this salt we are allowing our bodies to absorb the minerals and they are entering our bloodstream.
In doing this our skin is removing toxins and in taking these amazing minerals. This is something we refer to as reverse osmosis. It eliminates salt and the dangerous toxins from our bodies leaving the minerals themselves to enter our system. Magnesium is one of the most important minerals there are.
Magnesium is needed for things like soothing inflammation, boosting blood flow, and enhancing the function of nerves as well as muscles. If you want healthy skin then Epsom salt baths are a necessity. I love them myself because on top of being healthy they are extremely relaxing. Learn how to take an Epsom salt bath below.
Epsom Salt Bath
- Make sure you have at least thirty minutes to an hour of spare time for your bath, this is going to be a long relaxing process. You see your body will need time to eliminate and absorb.
- You will need to add the proper amount of Epsom salt to your bath based on your weight.
- If you weigh between 60-100lbs you will need to add 1 cup to a standard size bath.
- If you weigh between 100-150lbs you will need to add 1 and 1/2 cup to a standard size bath.
- If you weigh between 150-200lbs you will need to add 2 cups to a standard size bath.
- For every 50 pounds over this amount, you will need to add half of a cup more.
This is not one of those ‘get myself clean’ baths, you should avoid soap when doing this. This bath is all about relaxing and detoxifying your body. Rest for a few hours after taking this bath, I try to take one at least once a week. It has really helped me to feel much better overall. For more on Epsom salt please take the time to watch the video below.