There are several different uses for toilet paper rolls. Toilet paper rolls are trashed by the dozens when they are actually quite useful!
Over 17 billion toilet paper tubes are thrown away each year. That’s enough to fill the Empire State Building. Twice. Every minute, Americans throw away 32,280 toilet paper tubes. That is a lot of toilet paper tubes! Toilet paper tubes can be used for a number of things! There is no sense in throwing away so much paper. It is an excellent way to start recycling. The average American family uses about 240 rolls of toilet paper per year. That is about 20 12 packs.
You can also use paper towel tubes for these crafts too. Start saving up all of your toilet paper rolls and use each one for a different craft! They can be used to make a multitude of things! You can make a rocket, cat toy, eyeglass holder, and even fake Christmas lights! Here are 12 ways to reuse toilet paper tubes and paper towel tubes!
- Messy Cords – Wrap up your cords and wires and stick them in cardboard tubes to help with organization and storage.
- Candy Popper – Stuff them with candy and sweets and close off the two ends to create a fun candy popper.
- Pen/Utensil Holder – Close off one end by gluing a piece of paper to it and use the toilet paper rolls to hold makeup brushes, markers, pencils, pens, and little office supplies.
- Bird Feeder – Cover them in peanut butter and then roll in bird seed. Hang outside and you’ve got an easy and inexpensive bird feeder.
- Storing Toy Cars – This is an easy, fun, and creative way to use toilet paper tubes. Simply stick the rolls in an upward faced box and fill them with toy cars!
- Hair Elastics – To keep the bathroom vanity tity, use toilet paper rolls to keep your hair ties. Simply place them on a toilet paper roll.
- Storing Children’s Artwork – Take a child’s artwork, important papers, or other paper-based projects safe by rolling them up and placing them in a toilet paper tube! You can also write the child’s name and date on the tube!
- Cat Toy – Toilet paper rolls are great for an entertaining feline. Here is the DIY instructions.
- Wrapping Paper – Slide a toilet paper roll atop your wrapping paper to keep it from unrolling. Simply cut a slit all the up on side of the roll, and slide it on!
- Compost – Tear toilet paper rolls up into smaller pieces, and add them to your compost pile. In the world of compost, they count as a brown.
- Start Seedlings – Wrap them in brown packing paper and tie it up with a string! The tubes are a lightweight and pleasant growing environment for the seedlings!
- Smartphone Speaker – To maximize the volume of your smartphone, simply prop your iPhone in the middle of the tube.