She Rubbed a Banana Peel on Her Face and Her Acne Cleared Up!
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions in the world, plaguing teenagers and adults alike. You don’t have to suffer, you can get rid of the problem just as easily as it started with one common household ingredient.
Acne can be frustrating, embarrassing and difficult to treat, but without treatment, dark spots and permanent scars can appear on the skin, leaving you frustrated and feeling lost. Sure, there are tons of acne treatments on the market, but many of them end up breaking the bank and even making the problem worse.
If only there were an inexpensive, natural treatment for acne …oh wait, there is! Instead of throwing away you used banana peel the next time you are snacking, you might want to keep it and use it as a natural acne destroyer.
How Does it Work?
- Banana peels contain large amounts of vitamins A, B, C and E, all of which contribute to healthy skin.
- Banana peels help to calm inflamed skin as they are high in iron, manganese, and zinc.
- Banana peels are a natural antiseptic, this means they will help prevent bacterial infections that trigger acne.
- Banana peels are rich in antioxidants that fight the germs that cause acne.
- Banana peels are high in enzymes which hydrate the skin, heal scars and prevent the formation of new acne.
- The high starch content in bananas help dry out the excess oil that clogs pores.
5 of the Best Banana Peel Methods
- Banana Peel
- Wash your skin with cool water, then pat dry with a clean towel.
- Eat a banana and cut the peel into small pieces.
- Massage skin with the inside of the banana peels for 10 minutes.
- If a piece begins to brown, discard and start with a fresh piece.
- Wait 20 minutes for the skin to absorb nutrients.
- Repeat 2 times daily.
- Banana Peel and Turmeric
- Mash a banana peel into a thick paste.
- Mix equal parts mashed banana peel and turmeric powder.
- Add water and stir until you create a fine paste.
- Massage onto skin as a spot treatment and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with Lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Apply your favorite oil-free moisturizer.
- Repeat daily.
- Banana Peel and Lemon
- Mash banana peel into a paste
- Mix equal parts banana peel paste and fresh lemon juice.
- Use a cotton ball and apply the paste onto the affected skin.
- Massage gently and leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Repeat daily.
- Banana Peel and Baking Soda
- Mash banana peel until it forms a paste.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of banana peel paste with ½ tablespoon of baking powder.
- Add water until the mix turns into a fine paste.
- Use a cotton ball to massage the paste onto the skin using circular motions.
- Leave on for 2 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Repeat Daily.
- Banana Peel and Honey
- Mash a banana peel into a paste.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of banana peel with ½ tablespoon of raw honey.
- Use a cotton ball to massage the paste onto the affected area in circular motions.
- Leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse.
- Repeat Daily.