Here’s How Many Hours of Sleep You Need to Avoid Depression
Lack of sleep has been proven to be linked to clinical depression. This is especially alarming considering how common insomnia is here in the United States.
When you are upset or dealing with a lot of stress it can often interfere with your ability to sleep. These feelings can be increasingly overwhelming and make it so that you cannot sleep even if you want to. Some people are able to fall asleep but have trouble staying asleep, this is also a big issue. In order to avoid depression here are few things, you can do in order to improve your quality of sleep.
How to get better sleep:
The average adult needs between seven and nine hours of sleep a night in order to feel rested and prevent the symptoms that may come along with depression. When it comes to your health feeling irritable and fatigued can cause serious issues if not dealt with.
- Exercise in order to work out tension.
- Do yoga and partake in abdominal breathing.
- Meditate or listen to soft music before bed.
- Make a list for the next day if you tend to obsess about the things you have to do the next day.
- Limit the use of caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine.
- Keep your bedroom cool and take a warm shower before bed.
Simple things like this can have a positive effect on your ability to sleep. For more information on how a lack of sleep affects your mind and body please take the time to watch the video below. If you want to maintain your health it will be necessary to get the proper amount of sleep.