Retrograde ejaculation can be a stressful situation, even more so for couples trying to conceive. It is an embarrassing but not life threatening condition.
Retrograde ejaculation is when during orgasm, sperms are released from the testicles and travel through the vas deferens into the prostate, where they mix with fluid in the prostate. Just before ejaculation, semen enters the bladder instead of going out through the urethra during ejaculation.
Retrograde Ejaculation Causes
- Retrograde ejaculation may be a stressful situation, especially for couples trying to conceive. There are several causes for retrograde ejaculation,
- Surgery involving the neck of the bladder or the prostate is often associated with the complication of retrograde ejaculation
- Prostate enlargement, hypertension or psychological disturbances have been closely linked to retrograde ejaculation
- Certain drugs used for controlling hypertension or cardiovascular disorders have been associated with retrograde ejaculation.
- Damage to the nerve supply to the neck of the bladder, in patients with spinal cord injury, diabetes or sclerosis is also another factor.
- Radiation therapy for treatment of cancer in the pelvic region is often associated with dry orgasm or retrograde ejaculation.
Is it reversible?
The reversibility of the condition depends upon the underlying cause for the condition. If retrograde ejaculation is caused due to certain drugs or medication, speak to your doctor and try to select an alternative that is not associated with a complication.
Certain causes of the condition can be reversible. It should be noted that it in no way shape or for effects or hurts the individual. Complications can occur when a couple is trying to conceive.
Herbs like Perennial, Shatavari, Gokharu, Musli, Shankhpushpi, Ashwagandha have been found to be effective in the treatment of retrograde ejaculation. These herbs are a part of the Ayurvedic system of Medicine, and it is important to consult a trained ayurvedic doctor before using these herbs
Homeopathy also provides so drugs for the treatment of retrograde ejaculation. Gelsemium, Rhus Tox and Bryonia are some of the drugs that can help in strengthening the contraction of muscles on the neck of the bladder and treat the condition. Certain drugs that help strengthen the nerves like Argentium Nitrium, and Arsenic Album can also prove beneficial in the treatment of retrograde ejaculation.
Stress and depression are often associated with retrograde ejaculation. Meditation and yoga are very beneficial in reducing stress and aid in improving the condition.