Headaches are one of the most common issues a person can have. If you’re anything like me you deal with them almost daily.
Headaches are a clear indication that your body is missing something. This can be as small as needing a break and being too stressed to needing to completely change your diet. Regardless of the cause of your headaches popping pills is not the best solution.
When it comes to headaches they are most commonly caused by stress, allergies, poor posture, constipation, deficiencies, eye strain, or low blood sugar. Luckily for us, when we are dealing with headaches there are natural alternatives to taking aspirin or Tylenol. Try treating your headaches with one of the following methods.
- Stretch Your Neck and Head- If you stay in one position for extended periods of time it can lead to tension and create a headache. This can be avoided if you take breaks every hour or so and stretch. Move your head and neck around in a circular motion in order to relieve tension.
- Hydrating The Body- Staying hydrated is important when it comes to avoiding headaches. When we are dehydrated it can leave us with a terrible we have to ensure we get the proper amount of water every single day.
- Taking A Detox Bath– Detox baths are very relaxing. They work wonders when it comes to cleansing your body leave you feeling refreshed. This is a great way to remove toxins from within. Heat the bath to a temperature just to the limit of what you can handle and sit in the water as it cools.
- Take B-Complex Vitamins- People who suffer from migraines may be deficient in B vitamins. If you try taking a B-complex vitamin once a day you may get the relief you’ve been looking for.
- Use Essential Oils- Essential oils have both a calming and numbing effect on us. The best ones for headaches are peppermint oil and lavender oil. Peppermint oil will leave a lasting cooling effect on your skin and stimulate blood flow all the while soothing mild muscle contractions. Combine both lavender oil and peppermint oil and rub the mixture on your forehead.
- Get Your Back Checked Out- Chiropractic adjustments can help alleviate the stress you’re feeling. It has been proven that chiropractic manipulation reduces tension and headaches.
- Gluten-Free Diet- Eliminating gluten for three weeks and then slowly introducing them back into your body will allow you to learn how to eat without triggering headaches.
- Take Magnesium Supplements- I suggest you take between two hundred and six hundred milligrams of magnesium a day in order to reduce the frequency of the headaches under control. If a supplement doesn’t sound like something you would be interested in please consider eating more broccoli, squash, and leafy greens.
Yes, it can be that simple. If none of these work for you then, of course, you should see a doctor. Headaches are awful and should not control our lives. If you have been suffering from headaches for far too long please use this article as a means to wake up and get something done about your issue.