Bedbugs are one of the worst things you can come across and definitely the last thing you want to be worrying about when on vacation. They are more than enough to ruin the whole trip.
The thought of having tiny bugs ride along with us is something that makes most people’s skin crawl. Spotting them may seem a bit difficult but with these tips, you will never miss one. How to avoid and deal with bed bugs is worth knowing. Have you ever encountered them?
For those who do not know bedbugs are tiny brown oval shaped insects that look similar to apple seeds. they feed on blood and can attach to any of your luggage with ease. They are difficult to spot if you aren’t sure what you’re looking for because of their size. Follow these tips and you will never have to deal with bed bugs for as long as you live.
1. Don’t bring a pillow or blanket from home on your trip.
We are all tempted to do this but should not, if you do this and happen to come across bedbugs they will follow you home. Be sure to pack a flashlight and inspect your room upon arrival. The lighter color your luggage is the better. Bedbugs are not fans of bright colors as it is easier for you to see them on bright colors.
2. When doing an inspection use a flashlight to check the corners of the closet and drawers, then run a credit card down all the bed sheets to be sure there are no bugs.
If you notice any tiny dark brown stains then it is likely you have bedbugs. Don’t forget to check behind the headboard and under the box spring for them as well with the flashlight, they like to hide in the most obvious places.
3. Pay attention to your body.
If you notice any bugs on your body or even bite marks you cannot explain you most likely have bedbugs. The red itchy bite mark will resemble a mosquito bite but is quite different.
4. Wash all of your clothes in hot water as soon as you get home from your trip, this will kill off any bedbugs that may have followed you home.
5. Do not bring your luggage directly into your home, leave everything in the garage until it can be washed. If there is something among your luggage that cannot be washed chuck it in the dryer and heat it on high for 30 minutes.
If you want to check your home for bedbugs in general or after a trip checks tight spaces. Bugs like these as I mentioned above love to hide in the most obvious places. They can be found in cracks and crevices as well since they are flat in shape.
In order to make your home less desirable for bugs like these ones vacuum the beds from time to time. If at all possible pull the bed from directly against the wall. The more isolated it is the fewer places they will have to hide. If you do these things when you go on a trip there is no doubt in my mind that you can avoid bedbugs. if you find bedbugs in your hotel room alert the front desk and ask to change rooms. Your blood will be safe as long as you know what to look for.