Yes, baking soda can and is used for all kinds of things. Lots of people even add it to their baths to help with inflammation.
It is safe to use for just about anything and generally has no side effects. While you’ve probably heard of using it as deodorant, toothpaste, anti-inflammatory bath ingredient, and the many uses for it when cleaning it is not likely you have heard about this use. I use baking soda on my face!
You see, it is amazing when it comes to removing blackheads, acne, and reducing the look of scars. It tones the skin and works as an antiseptic opening up the pores in your face. This will help them to not get clogged up with oils as bad. Here’s how to use baking soda as a face mask.
Baking Soda Face Mask
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of baking soda
- Mix these things together and then rub the mixture onto your face.
- Make sure you rub it in really well and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Once this has been done rinse it off with warm water.
- If you have dry skin you may need to only leave the mask on for ten minutes as it will remove excess oils.
This mask made my acne disappear with ease and also helped me get rid of those unsightly dark under eye bags. Give it a try and see how it works for you! Baking soda really is a lifesaver! For more on the benefits and uses of baking soda please take the time to watch the video below. Enjoy!