Antibiotics are awesome when it comes to fighting a cold. They are the perfect boost for your immune system, however, the modern pharma industry has more than manipulated them.
The amazing benefits of antibiotics were first discovered in 1928 following the discovery of penicillin. Penicillin was the solution to thousands of bacterial diseases and is still used in modern day treatment today. However, if you’re wanting to gain the benefits of antibiotics, you’re going to have to do it naturally. The pharmaceutical industry has taken natural antibiotics and abused them into money-making drugs.
Pharmaceutical antibiotics have been proven to increase a person’s risk of infection because they weaken the immune system. Peter J. D’Adamo, ND, is a naturopathic physician and author on natural human nutrition and health. He explains, “When you allow your body to go to war on its own terms, without antibiotic intervention, it develops not only a memory of specific antibodies to the current infection and any similar to it but also the ability to fight more effectively the next time it is challenged or attacked.”
If you are interested in including antibiotics into your diet, you need to do it naturally. These are the top 10 best natural antibiotics for your body.
- Oregano Oil – oregano oil can be used for many different health issues. There are 40 different oregano species, but the most beneficial one is called origanum capita thus. It can be used to treat foot or nail fungus, parasites, and sinus infections.
- Cayenne pepper – Cayenne pepper is extremely beneficial. Although a bit spicy, it actually helps you in a lot of ways. It is widely known for its treatment for vulvovaginitis. One study found that cayenne pepper exerts considerable antifungal and antibiotic properties in this condition.
- Colloidal Silver – Not as popular as the others, but collodion silver is not one to leave off the list. In fact, it has been used for centuries! It can be used for treating swimmer’s ear and digestive issues.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) – GSE is a highly effective natural antibiotic in fighting off tons of infectious agents. One study proved that it was not only comparable to pharma antibiotics but even better.
- Garlic – We all know garlic is amazing. Garlic can be used to treat virtually every health issue a person can experience. It is a natural astringent, fights parasites, promotes healthy cardiovascular function, and even guards DNA damage!
- Ginger – Also very popular, is our best friend ginger. It is a powerful antibiotic and antiviral root. It can be a complete cure to many digestive issues such as ulcerative colitis.
- Olive Leaf Extract – Olive oil extract is best known for its ability to reduce a fever. Researchers from the Netherlands learned that enolic acid, a compound found in ginger, can not only fight bacteria but prevent viruses and fungus infections too!
- Turmeric – turmeric is an ancient spice derived from India. It has been used for thousands of years and can replace tons of medications. Dr. Kelley Brogan, MD, states, “This wonder-spice is a mainstay of my anti-inflammatory work with patients in my practice where I use liposomal preparations of curcumin, the natural phenols responsible for turmeric’s yellow color when I suspect their symptoms stem from a challenged immune system.”
- Manuka Honey – honey is great for tons of different health problems. It is effective in fighting off over 250 different types of bacteria. In 2007 the FDA even approved manuka honey wound bandages!
- Pau d’Arco – You’ve probably never heard of this guy, but he’s no underdog. In fact, this spice has been sued medicinally for centuries. The Brazilian Journal of Biology found in 2010 found that Tabebuia avellane DAE, one tree species that is the source of the Pau d’arco herb, does indeed exert an inhibitory effect on yeasts.