Lemons alone have tons of benefits! Lemon mixed with charcoal is a powerful detox and induces healthy function of all the organs! Get the recipe below.
Lemons are a favorite all over the world and an essential food in kitchens everywhere. They are packed full of vitamins and antioxidants! Lemons are acidic to the taste but are alkaline-forming in the body. In fact, they are one of the most alkaline-forming foods; this makes them great for balancing a highly acidic condition in the body. Lemons are rich in vitamin C too. They help cleanse your liver of toxins and free radicals. Lemons can also clean out your bowels. They are wonderful for detoxing.
Activated charcoal is a potent natural treatment used to trap toxins and chemicals in the body, allowing them to be flushed out so the body doesn’t reabsorb them. It’s made from a variety of sources, but when used for natural healing, it’s important to select activated charcoal made from coconut shells or other natural sources. One of the most popular activated charcoal uses is for the safe and effective treatment of poisoning and drug overdoses. It’s used in emergency trauma centers across the world. In addition, it’s used to reduce bloating and gas, lower cholesterol, treat bile flow problems safely during pregnancy and even prevent hangovers. Charcoal is an excellent way to detox your body. Mixing lemons and charcoal create a powerful detoxifying remedy.
Activated charcoal works Activated charcoal tablet closeup by trapping toxins and chemicals in its millions of tiny pores. Typically, however, it’s not used when petroleum, alcohol, lye, acids or other corrosive poisons are ingested. The charcoal works through a process of adsorption. It is the reaction of elements, nutrients, chemicals, and toxins that are accumulated in the blood.
Charcoal is amazing for the health, however you need to take these things into consideration
- Drinking activated charcoal on a regular basis may cause constipation.
- According to Time Magazine, it’s crucial that you remember that charcoal will bind to anything that is absorbable, therefore, it can also remove nutrients from the body. Eating nutrient-rich food and taking charcoal at the same time can be counter-productive, leaving you with less or no benefits.
- It’s best not to drink activated charcoal within 2 hours of taking any important supplements or medications, as it can absorb those too.
- Use activated charcoal as a detoxification tool only once in awhile, but not as a daily drink.
- 16 oz of filtered water
- 1 organic lemon
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 capsules of activated charcoal
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- Squeeze lemon into the water in a measuring cup.
- Add salt and maple syrup.
- Mix it until all is dissolved.
- Pour ⅔ of the mix to a mason jar.
- Open the capsules and add the charcoal powder into the remaining water.
- Mix the charcoal and the water.
- Add it to the mason jar with the lemon water.
- Mix it well.
- Add herbs if desired.