Proper diet is the key to living a healthy life, this is something I am sure you have heard time and time again. Are you healthy?
As you may know when someone is diagnosed with an extreme condition generally something life-threatening, dietary changes are made as soon as possible. There is quite a bit of evidence in the world linking the consumption of highly processed foods with the development of conditions like diabetes and even cancer. By having an alkaline diet you can work towards fighting off and even preventing cancer.
How does this work?
An alkaline diet is a diet that increases the intake of alkaline foods and reduces the intake of acidic foods. This is important because cancer cells die in an alkaline environment. Eating as many alkaline foods as possible has the potential to make it impossible for these cancer cells to thrive. Acidic foods are often known to cause inflammation which is something considered a possible cause for cancer.
How does a person maintain an alkaline diet?
It is actually not as hard as it sounds. It is all about increasing good and decreasing the rest. Follow the steps below and you will be well on your way to having an alkaline diet.
- Swap your proteins, reduce your intake of meat. Supplement this with more beans, nuts, and seeds.
- Eat your greens! You should take the time to eat lots more cruciferous veggies. Things like kale, cabbage, and broccoli.
- Cut out sugar! In case you weren’t already aware, cancer cells use more glucose than normal cells. They use sugar to support the progression they are creating by acid. High sugar intake puts stress on the pancreas and increases your insulin production as well which can lead to insulin resistance.
- Quit eating dairy products. Casein, something that is often added to dairy products has been found to cause inflammation, feed cancer, and lead to severe bone deterioration over time.
- Cut gluten out completely. This means no wheat, rye, or glutinous grains in general. They are known to cause inflammation and are packed with pesticides. Replace these with organic rice or quinoa.
- Use heart-healthy oils, something that works as an anti-inflammatory. Oils such as corn, soy, sunflower, margarine, and hydrogenated (oils) should be cut out completely. You should replace them with coconut oil, olive oil, or avocado oil.
- Avoid soda and beer at all costs. While it may be hard to do at first this will benefit you greatly in the long run. Drink more water, herbal tea, green tea, or veggie juice.
So you see, these are all things that can be achieved quite easily if you put your mind to it. If you want to try and prevent cancer and be overall more healthy then the alkaline diet is for you. Please watch the videos below for more information on the alkaline diet.