The amount of benefits you can get from lemons are almost endless. They can be used for smell, eating, health benefits and beauty remedies! You can treat infections of all types too. Wouldn’t you like to get rid of acne and that headache at the same time, for less than a couple of bucks?
Lemons contain high doses of vitamin C, citric acid, Flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, and much more. Each vitamin and mineral have their own fighting power within. Combining them all in one completely natural fruit and you have a natural medicine. If you have any of these problems, seriously consider lemons as a course of treatment.
- High Blood Pressure – Lemons can effectively treat high blood pressure. They contain potassium, which controls high blood pressure and reduces the effects of nausea and dizziness.
- Mental Health Issues – Lemon water can help lighten your mood, and bring some relief of anxiety too. It can help anxiety by reducing blood pressure, slowing the heart rate to a comfortable medium.
- Preventing Kidney Stones – Regular ingestion of lemon water can increase the production of uric acid. The chemical prevents the production of crystals that might eventually form into kidney stones.
- Treat Infection – Lemon water has antibacterial properties which makes a good fight against a sore throat. You can also use lime. Simply gargle lemon juice or lime juice!
- Stomach Issues – Lemon water can help purify the blood and reduce indigestion. It reduces the chance of constipation, and it eliminates toxins from your body. It also adds digestion and reduces phlegm.
- Poison Ivy – Apply lemon juice to the affected area and you will experience a relief of itching almost immediately.
- Disinfect Wounds – Pour a few drops of lemon juice on the cut, despite the sting, it can help disinfect the wound.
- Lighten Age Spots – Apply lemon juice to the area in which you have those annoying and dark age spots. Let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing!
- Dandruff – Massage two tablespoons of lemon juice into your scalp and then rinse with water. Then stir one tablespoon of lemon juice with a cup of water and rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Dry Elbows – mix baking soda and lemon juice and and apply the paste to the elbows. It has a rejuvenating, exfoliating, and soothing result!
- Bad breath – The citric acid in the juice alters the pH level in your mouth, killing bacteria that causes bad breath. Rinse after a few minutes because long-term exposure to the acid in lemons can harm tooth enamel. Simply use straight lemon juice for this remedy.
- Dry/oily face – Lemon water is a cooling agent and can help invigorate your face. Simply wash your face with lemon juice to naturally cleanse and exfoliate your skin.