How to Make an All Natural Healing Salve You’ll Never Want to be Without
This all-purpose healing salve is sure to become a staple in your household, due to how simple it is to make, and it’s many wonderful uses. Containing coconut oil, olive oil, pure essential oils and Vitamin E, this salve will protect, disinfect, and moisturize.
Coconut oil by itself contains a multitude of health benefits. From preventing infection, providing protection from viruses, to speeding up the healing of bruises, one could say that coconut oil alone could work as an all-purpose healing salve. Now, add in lavender essential oil, which not only calms your senses but also has amazing skin restoration benefits as well. Lemon essential oil cleanses and disinfects, while Melaleuca essential oil provides you with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
All-Purpose Healing Salve
- (4) 4 oz. glass jam jars
- 1-quart mason jar
- sauce pan
- 1 cup organic, cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 cup quality olive oil
- 4 Tbsp beeswax pastilles
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil (optional)
Oil Blend Ingredients (per 4 ounces of salve)
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 8 drops Lemon essential oil
- 6 drops Melaleuca essential oil
- 3 to 4 drops vitamin E oil
Add the coconut oil, olive oil, and beeswax to the 1-quart mason jar. Place it in a large saucepan filled halfway with warm water. Set the stove top burner to low-to-medium heat, and then begin slowly melting the ingredients. Stir every few minutes until completely melted.
During the melting process, line up the 4 oz. jam jars. Add the essential oils and vitamin E oil as listed above.
Next, carefully fill each jar to a half inch below the rim. Cool until the mixture hardens. Secure the lids tightly to each jar. The salve can be stored for up to a year.
12 Uses for All-Purpose Healing Salve
1. Hand moisturizer for dry skin.
2. Useful for treating dry, cracked heels and crusty elbows.
3. All-purpose moisturizer for dry climates.
4. To soothe chapped lips or chapped skin. You can transfer a small amount into an old lip balm tin to make it even more portable.
5. To soothe burns, bites, stings, etc.
6. To heal and prevent diaper rash.
7. You can use the salve on your pets (except for cats which have an aversion to citrus oils) to soothe sunburn, heal gashes, and enhance the healing of surgery wounds.
8. Anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties make this salve wonderful for a variety of cuts, scrapes, bruises, burns, and stings.
9. A great salve for older people who have frail, thin, and fragile skin.
10. Helps scaly scalps.
11. Soothes eczema, psoriasis, and a variety of other skin issues.
12. Sanitizes and moisturizes in one step.
This seriously all-purpose salve is amazing for a number of uses. Containing moisturizing components, anti-septic properties, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, there really isn’t much that this salve can’t treat. What makes it even better, is how easily it can be thrown together, and for that matter, how much you get for the price. And if you don’t foresee using that much salve, you can give it away as gifts to your friends and family.