Pancakes are something we eat all the time and while they are delicious they are not all that healthy. How often do you make pancakes for your family?
We often get caught up in convenience and opt for the commercial pancake mixes which we should try to avoid. These mixes are packed with extra processed sugars, gluten, and bleached white flour. You can make your own healthy pancakes without the mixes just as easily so, why not? You will love these pancakes and so will your family!
For this recipe, you will only need two things banana and egg. Sounds easy enough, right? Bananas and eggs are very healthy for us so making pancakes out of them only makes sense. The banana in this will give your pancakes a solid shape and provide you with a plethora of minerals and vitamins. As for the egg, they are high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids that can help reduce inflammation. You should always include an egg in your breakfast.
Banana & Egg Pancakes
Now, of course, the amounts will vary depending on how many people you intend to feed. This recipe will make 8-10 pancakes.
- 1 cup of ripe finely mashed bananas
- 4 eggs (organic if possible)
- Put the bananas and eggs into a bowl and mix them well.
- put about a fourth of this on a pan over medium heat.
- When you notice it bubbling flip it and cook the other side.
- This is one pancake, do this with the remaining batter until all the pancakes have been made.
See, it is that simple. If you love bananas then you will love these pancakes even more. I hope you enjoy!