Most of us are dealing with coughs and bronchitis at the moment due to the time of year. We in the season of viral and bacterial infections.
While you may be aware, the act of coughing itself is our bodies way of trying to rid itself of foreign substances as well as mucus in the upper airway passages and lungs. Bronchitis can last from a few days to a whole month depending on how bad your case is and is not fun to deal with at all. Dealing with a constant wet or dry cough can be completely exhausting.
Luckily only about twenty percent of all cases of the cough become chronic. If you notice any of the following symptoms it would be best if you saw a doctor as soon as possible:
- Coughing up blood, bloody mucus, or even pink foamy mucus
- Coughing up yellow, green, or tan mucus
- Get the chills or chest pains when breathing deeply
- Begin dealing with shortness of breath
If you are dealing with a cough and have not developed any of these symptoms yet then dealing with your minor illness at home might be the right route for you. You can effectively rid yourself of bronchitis or a cough without any drugs or medications. The following remedy is one of the best ways I have found to treat as well as prevent cough and bronchitis in children and adults.
It is easy to prepare and you often will already have these ingredients at home. Why not give it a try? Here is how to make the remedy:
- 400ml of milk
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp. of honey
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp. of butter
- An egg yolk
- 1/2 tbsp. of baking soda
- Boil the milk and remove from heat when finished
- let it cool for a minute or two then add the butter and honey
- Mix this well and then add in the egg yolk and baking soda
- Still consistently for about one whole minute
- Drink this mixture before bed every night for five days
It is that simple. Who knew curing your bronchitis could take such little effort? Just a five-minute treatment for five days and you’re done. Next time you feel a cough coming on do this in order to prevent the issue completely.