Staying healthy in a world that is full of people trying to keep us unhealthy is especially hard, however, it is possible. Are you eating enough of this plant?
Beetroot is something you should eat more of whether you like it or not. This reddish vegetable is generally consumed raw or added to salads and has tons of health benefits. Beets are able to do things like prevent colon obstructions, clean fat from your liver, improve your blood circulation, and provide your body with energy for the day all at the same time.
This vegetable contains substances that calm down our nerves and combat stress like betaine and tryptophan. If you want to reap the benefits of this amazing vegetable then you can in a number of ways. My favorite way is in a salad. Continue reading for the recipe. Also if you are having trouble deciding which beets to ingest I suggest trying fermented beets as they are not as high in sugar as fresh beets are.
Beetroot Salad Recipe
(Keep in mind this is enough for three or more people)
- 6 beets
- 4 onions
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Any other veggies you would like to add
- Peel the beets and cook them in water with a pinch or two of salt as needed.
- Chop them into small slices and place them in a bowl.
- Chop the onion next and mix it in with the beets.
- Add some olive oil to this and vinegar.
- Season with salt to taste and sprinkle the salad with vinaigrette if you’d like at the end.
- Leave it alone for 30 minutes to 1 hour and enjoy!
This salad will benefit you in great ways. I strongly suggest eating it at least a little each day. Now for those who don’t like the taste of beets juicing is your best option.
Beet Juice Recipe
- 1 apple
- 1/2 of a large beet
- 1/2 of a piece of ginger
- Run the beet and ginger through the food processor or juicer.
- Cut the apple into quarters and remove the core as well as the peel.
- put this into the juicer and juice it.
- Make sure these things are mixed well and add a bit if ice to make it cold.
- Drink up!
Beets are extremely beneficial and should without a doubt be added into your daily diet. For more beet recipes please take the time to watch the video below.