This Carrot Salad With Turmeric Sauce Will Make Your Skin Glow
Turmeric has been recognized for its incredible healing benefits for hundreds of years. Packed with vitamins A and E, and possessing incredible anti-inflammatory properties, the spice has been used in both Chinese and Indian medicine for everything from boosting brain function to lowering heart disease.
One lesser known property of the spice is its ability to bring out a natural glow and luster in our skin. While the spice can be made into a salve or face mask, you can also enjoy its many benefits by including turmeric in your diet.
Perfect for the summer months, this nutritious salad is light and easy to make! Blending the tastes of carrot and almonds with the peppery flavor of turmeric, it is a delicious and refreshing combination. If you enjoy the sauce, it can also be made to use on a number of different dishes making it highly versatile and a great staple for a healthy diet.
Vibrant Glow Carrot Salad with Turmeric Sauce
You Will Need:
- 3 large carrots
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric or 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Place the almond butter, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, water, garlic, turmeric, honey and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Grate or spiralize the carrots.
- Place the carrots, almonds, and raisins in a bowl. Top with your freshly made creamy turmeric sauce. Toss until mixed.
- Serve fresh. Refrigerate to store.
Inspired by an article wrote by Mindbodygreen