Tennis balls have a rubbery elasticity that can soothe and relax pain in several different body parts. Would you use a tennis ball to reduce your pain?
The tennis ball works to release the tension in our muscles. Some people use yoga balls, but it appears in some cases a tennis ball can be just as if not more effective. Here’s a list of areas this tennis ball trick can relieve pain in:
- If you have tender thighs you can use this to reduce tension in your outer muscles.
- We often suffer from sore feet because of prolonged standing or uncomfortable shoes. This can be a very serious issue. By placing the ball under your feet and standing on it. You are working to stretch them.
- Doing this trick on your knees works to stretch the articular capsule of the knee and relax the muscles found in between your kneecaps.
- Hip pain is no joke. In order to release the tension here, you will simply need to place a ball between the hip and the floor, lean on it and make 15 slow circles.
- Back pain can also be the result of bad choice in shoes or even sleeping position. By putting two tennis balls below your back and moving your pelvis on both sides you will be able to reduce stiffness and pressure to the spine.
Who knew that feeling better could be so simple? Massaging yourself at home with a tennis ball actually works! Isn’t that amazing? For a little more information please watch the video below.