Oregano Oil: How to Use it to Treat Almost All Pains, Sores, and Infections Without the Use of Drugs
There are many natural supplements that can be used in replacement for medications these days. Essential oils have amazing medicinal benefits, you just have to use them correctly.
Essential oils are essentially amazing for the body. They have the power to clear sinuses, kill infections and colds, relieve depression and anxiety, increase sleep and relaxation, and eliminate aches and pains. One of the most beneficial oils in oregano oil! Oregano oil is hands down one of the best natural supplements there is out there. It is produced from potent perennial herb oregano and loaded with antioxidants. It offers a ton of positive natural health treatments and it has significant effects of harmful organisms and free radicals.
Oregano has immense abilities in promoting immune system health. There is loads of evidence that shows that oregano oil can effectively defeat outside invaders. One study performed by the US department of Agriculture reported that oregano oil has such strong action against germs that it could easily be used in defense against salmonella. Other studied were performed by researchers at the Department of Physiology and Biophysics at Georgetown University Medical Center. They said, “New, safe agents are needed to…overcome harmful organisms… Based on our previous experience and that of others, we postulated that herbal essential oils, such as those of origanum (oregano oil) offer such possibilities.”
It protects against free radicals and outside invaders so well that it can reverse the effects of eating ill prepared foods and raw meat. One study looked deeper into the relationship between oregano oil and harmful organisms. They found that taking 600 mg of oregano oil daily promoted a complete disappearance of free radicals in the body. That’s not all either. Oregano oil can even promote a better mood. Studies have found that it can possibly influence the nervous system and mind. Aromatherapy with oregano oil showed an increase in healthy mood, reduced stress, and inhibited emotional abnormalities.
Other Uses of Oregano Oil Include:
- Treating foot or nail fungus. Put a few teaspoons of oregano oil in a basin of water and soak your feet in it. You can also dilute the oil (mix a drop with a teaspoon of olive or coconut oil), and then apply it on your nails or skin.
- Help in killing parasites and easing infections. Dilute the oil (mix a drop with a drop of a carrier oil such as coconut oil), and place it under your tongue. Hold it there for a few minutes, and then rinse it out. Repeat this at least four times a day.
- Alleviating sinus infections and colds. Put a few drops of oregano oil in a pot of steaming water, and then inhale the steam.You can make your own oregano oil by extracting it with a special distillation process. It actually isn’t as difficult as it seems and you can do it from your own home. Here is an easy recipe.
- Oregano leaves, chopped or crushed
- Olive oil, almond oil or grape seed oil
- Sanitized jar with lid
- Boil some water in a sauce pan. Once it has reached a rolling boil, turn off the heat.
- Place your oil of choice and chopped oregano leaves in the jar.
- Put the jar in the hot water and let it sit for about five to 10 minutes. This heats up the oil and helps the oregano release its natural oils.
- Remove the jar from the water bath and place beside a sunny window for one to two weeks. Shake the jar every few days.
- Once the two weeks is up, strain the oil from the leaves and place into a sanitized jar.
- Store the oil in a dark, cool place.