Many people might be familiar with Laurel as a spice, but it is actually a potent oil too. It can be used to treat many different health issues.
Laurel has been praised for its medicinal uses for centuries. It has fragrance and therapeutic properties. It is commonly known by the names as Laurel, Sweet Laurel, and bay laurel. It is a genus of unisexual hardy, evergreen shrubs, and trees that originated from Asia Minor. The Roman’s believed that Laurel had great powers, Pliny’s Natural History records an amusing anecdote about a white hen bearing a twig of laurel in its beak and landed in the lap of Augustus, Caesar’s wife. The twig was planted and became a very beautiful tree, later, Caesar wore a garland of leaves from the same tree.
There are many natural remedies that can be used in replacement of medications and ointments. Common medications and topical treatments that come from the big Pharma are actually really dangerous for your health. Many different medications have been linked to major health complications like heart disease and cancer.
Laurel oil can be used for lots of different things. It has calming and soothing agents that make it a great stress reliever. Some known benefits of this powerful oil are:
* Rub lightly warmed oil on achy joints
* For excessive headaches, rub this oil into the temples for immediate relief
* Instead of aspirin, consider using laurel oil
* Eases belly ache and stomach pain
* Normalizes renal and hepatic function
* Can be used as a lotion to resolve pores and skin issues on the face
* Calms the worried system.
* Cleans the colon.
* Increases and stimulates the method of sweating.
* Relieves joint pains and treats varicose veins.
If you want to make your own laurel essential oil at home, all you have to do is follow this easy recipe.
- 30 grams bay leaves
- 250 ml olive oil
- Mash bay leaves and pour olive oil over it
- Put the mixture into a pitcher bottle, close tightly, and let stand still in a dark place for 14 days
- Shake bottle from time to time
- After 2 weeks, pressure the oil via cheesecloth and switch the liquid into another box
- Keep the laurel oil in a cool place