If you are dealing with any cold or flu symptoms this remedy will get you through quickly. This is something that is known as fire vinegar and boy does it do the trick!
There can be some variations to the recipe but the core is always the same. The most common ingredients include things like apple cider vinegar, ginger root, turmeric, onion, garlic, cayenne powder, and lemon. These things work by decongesting and firing up the circulatory system. Most of the things in this are considered to be antiviral and antibacterial so they work wonders.
Apple cider vinegar for those who do not know has a high content of acetic acid and is able to kill bacteria. Lots of naturopathic doctors actually recommend that people take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water as soon as they feel congestion coming on. It is often used as a preventative for the flu during flu season.
Turmeric has been studied for quite some time now and has shown great results when it comes to issues like the ones listed above. As for ginger, a study done back in 2010 showed that ginger is very useful when it comes to fighting off infections. If you think this remedy something you would like to try continue reading for the recipe.
Fire Vinegar Recipe
- 1/2 cup of ginger root
- 1/2 cup of horseradish root
- 1/2 cup of turmeric root
- 1 onion
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoons of cayenne powder
- 1 ounce bottle of apple cider vinegar
- Put everything other than the vinegar into a food processor or a blender.
- Once you have them all blended put everything into a glass container and pour the apple cider vinegar on top.
- Place the lid on and shake well.
- Store this in the fridge for one month and remember to shake every day.
- Strain this after one month and pour into a clean jar.
- Take two tablespoons of this three times a day when you feel a cold or something along those lines coming on.
- If you are sensitive to spicy foods lower it to one teaspoon.