If you are into natural remedies and cures, there is a good chance you have heard of chakras. If you have studied into it, you have probably read books or articles, or maybe even been to a seminar or two, but I have never heard them explained quite like this.
Avatar the Last Air Bender was a television show that that aired in the early 2000’s, the main character, Ang, is trying to reach his spiritual potential, but can’t due to an emotional blockage. He is guided through the emotions associated with the seven energy centers of the body and is shown how to open them up to achieve his highest state of being. It is wonderful that this show was based towards children, so that a broad state of learning could be taught at such an early age. This show is not only great for children, but the adult’s might enjoy it as well.
The 7 Chakras are the energy centers in our bodies that energy flows through. It is believed that a blockage in our chakras can lead to illness, so it is important to understand what each chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing smoothly.
- Root Chakra- Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
Location: Base of spine in tailbone area
Emotional Issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
- Sacral Chakra- Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
Location- Lower abdomen, 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
Emotional issues- sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
- Solar Plexus Chakra- Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
Location- Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
Emotional Issues- Self-worth, self-confidence, and self-esteem.
- Heart Chakra- Our ability to love
Location-Center of the chest above the heart.
Emotional issues- Love, joy, inner peace.
- Throat Chakra- Our ability to communicate
Emotional issues-Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
- Third Eye Chakra- Our ability to focus on seeing the big picture.
Location- Forehead between the eyes.
Emotional issues- Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- Crown Chakra- The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
Location- The very top of the head
Emotional issues- Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.