Turmeric is known for its health benefits when it comes to humans but did you know it can be good for your dog as well? Do you have a dog suffering from joint pain?
Turmeric has powerful antioxidant properties and is a natural inflammatory. It can be used to treat a number of things including cancer. By implementing this in your life as well as your dogs life you will be doing a great thing. This paste will have your dogs joint pain reduced and in some cases eliminated in almost no time at all.
- 1 cup of organic turmeric powder
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of organic cold pressed virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Mix the turmeric in with the water in a pan of some sort. begin with just one cup of water and add more as needed.
- Stir the liquid on low heat for about ten minutes.
- This should form a thick paste if it looks watery then you should add more turmeric and allow it to heat for a few more minutes.
- Once you have achieved a paste add in the oil and pepper.
- Stir this well and allow it to cool. Place this in a jar with a lid and store it in your fridge.
- Store this paste for only two weeks, if longer than that throw it out and make more.
You can add this paste directly to your dog’s meals. Most dogs actually enjoy the taste. Depending on the dog size you should start anywhere from a fourth of a teaspoon to a half of a teaspoon. For more information on turmeric please watch the video below.