Humorous, embarrassing, or rude farting is part of our human nature! Not only is farting natural, it is actually extremely healthy for your body!
Whether you like to admit it or not, we all fart; yes ladies, you too. Admit it: there is nothing more relieving that letting one rip while nobody is around. That instant relief in your tummy, and the funny little sound! They’re irresistible! Turns out farting is actually an indicator of good health! If you find yourself cutting the cheese more than a few times a day, you probably have excellent digestive health. Here are seven more health benefits from farting!
- The Colon Appreciates It – Farting provides a relief of gasses and unneeded air from the colon. Always remember not to hold your farts in for too long too! It won’t kill you to hold one in during class – in fact, please do. However, holding your farts in consistently can lead to more severe gastrointestinal issues.
- It relieves Bloating – Everyone hates bloating. It feels terrible, and makes you feel insecure too! This is caused by trapped air or water. You usually fart after dinner, and this is why!
- The Smell is Healthy – Mostly, people will deny this one. Which is understandable, i mean, it’s a little weird… However the weirdness, the smell of your farts is actually healthy. When we pass gas we release small amounts of hydrogen sulfide. This is beneficial for fighting off future diseases.
- It Indicates a Healthy Gut and Bacterial Composition – Dr. Purna Kashyap is a doctor of gastroenterology at the Mayo Clinic, in Rochester, Minnesota, and he says, “Eating foods that cause gas is the only way for the microbes in the gut to get nutrients. If we didn’t feed them carbohydrates, it would be harder for them to live in our gut.”
- It Balances Your Diet – When you pass gas, you are eliminating gasses that were trapped somewhere along your digestive system. When You release these gases it allows your stomach to digest your food much better!
- It Can Be a Health Alarm – If you are suddenly experiencing more than averagely stinky farts, and they are rather consistent you might need to consult with your doctor. These can even be symptoms of colon cancer.
Number 7? It feels freaking awesome. Take pride in your stink!