We have all seen the ads that promote sunscreen, they all say the same thing, “Wear sunscreen because it prevents skin cancer.” This is, of course, a myth circulated by the sunscreen industry and the cancer industry.
The truth is sunscreen promotes cancer by blocking the body’s ability to absorb ultraviolet radiation, which produces Vitamin D in the Skin. Vitamin D, as studies have shown actually prevents up to 77% of cancers in women.
Meanwhile, Sunscreen is made up of chemicals that are actually carcinogenic and have never been tested or approved by the FDA. The skin is porous, and you better believe the chemicals you put on it get absorbed into the blood stream.
Save the Hassle and make your own nontoxic sunscreen that is made of all natural ingredients that actually protect your skin, another thing to remember it sunburn can actually be prevented by good nutrition. You need antioxidants to promote good skin health, eat a diet rich in berries and microalgae to build up your own internal sunscreen.
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- ½ Cup Shea Butter
- ¼ cup Sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp. Beeswax granules not block
- 2 Tsp Raspberry seed oil
- 4 Tbsp Zinc Oxide Powder
- 1 Tsp Carrot seed essential oil
- In a double boiler add your wax, coconut oil, sesame oil, and Shea butter together.
- Once all of the mixture is melted remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Mix in the Zinc once the mixture is at room temperature.
- Add the bowl to the fridge and allow to set for 30 minutes just until it is soft enough to whip.
- Using a mixer start to whip the sunscreen while adding in the raspberry and carrot oil. Whip until the mixture is fluffy sort of like a frosting.
Add to a jar or container.