9 Things Your Eyes Are Telling You About Your Health. Here’s What to Look For…
I’m sure you have heard that the eyes were the ‘window to the soul’ but did you know they were also a window to your health? Your eyes can tell some interesting things about your health.
Sure, this may sound strange but it is very true. Do you have blurred vision or disappearing eyebrows? If so, then reading further will benefit you greatly. who knew getting to the root of our problems could be done by assessing our eyes?
Things Our Eyes Are Telling Us:
- Blurred Vision in a diabetic- Diabetics are at a higher risk for quite a few eye issues. The most common of those being something called retinopathy. This is an issue that affects the circulatory system of the eye and is the leading cause of blindness in American adults. If you are a diabetic and notice blurred vision becoming an issue in your life do not hesitate to see someone about it.
- Reoccurring stye- If you are dealing with a stye that just won’t go away or one that keeps coming up in the same spot it could be a sign of a rare cancer called sebaceous gland carcinoma.
- Double vision, loss of vision, or dim vision- These are all warning signs of stroke.
- Disappearing eyebrows- If the outer third of your eyebrow has begun disappearing on its own you may be dealing with thyroid disease.
- Blurry vision or burning eyes when using a computer- This is the result of something known as ‘computer vision syndrome’ CVS. It is caused by the lack of contrast on a computer screen.
- A small blind spot in your vision (shimmering lights or wavy lines)- This may be the result of a migraine aura as they tend to produce these types of issues. This can sometimes be accompanied by a headache.
- Bulging eyes- Protruding eyes is often the result of hyperthyroidism.
- Whites turned yellow- If the whites of your eyes turn yellow you are dealing with jaundice. This appears in adults who are dealing with liver, bile duct or gallbladder issues.
- Dry eyes- Dryness in the eyes can be caused by rheumatoid arthritis. (This can also cause redness and pain in severe cases.)
What do your eyes say about your health? If you are not experiencing any of these issues yet it would still be best to keep them in mind when something does arise. Keeping our eyes safe from harm is very important so if there is a problem going on that is influencing them in any way it is best to resolve that problem immediately. What do your eyes say about your health?