We are gaining weight not due to our calorie intake, but due to the fact that we are harboring terribly bad habits. Calories are important when trying to lose weight reducing calorie intake does not work!
In order to lose weight, we need to focus on changing and eliminating our bad habits rather than the things that we want to pass off as issues. Successful weight loss boils down to being able to outsmart your fat cells in a sense. If you change these eight things in your life you will be able to lose weight effectively.
8 Habits You May Need To Change
- If you’re constantly dieting, STOP!
- Dieting only causes unnecessary frustration and oftentimes cause weight gain.
- Stop Overeating
- Too much of anything will make you gain weight.
- High PUFA intake
- A high intake of polyunsaturated fatty acids can cause more damage to your metabolism than you’d think. Avoid oils like canola, soybean, sunflower, and peanut.
- Skipping Meals
- Skipping meals is something you should never do as it will lead to consistent fat gain. You cannot starve fat cells.
- Low Carb Intake
- Avoiding carbs completely never got anyone anywhere. Doing this makes you sluggish and in the end, creates an almost impossible situation to lose weight in.
- Do not be inactive. You’re going to need to keep your fat cells moving in order to reduce them. Exercise is key when it comes to weight loss.
- Over Exercising
- As I have stated before too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Some forms of workout can actually increase your cortisol levels blocking one of your main fat burning hormones.
- No one is perfect. You can strive to be healthy and strive to look better but do not strive to be perfect. Do not set yourself up to be ashamed of yourself. You are better than that.
If you decide to change these things in your life and get a routine going that will work for you, fat will be melting off of your body quickly. Everything takes work and there is no easy way or a quick fix. Having the body you want is going to take some time. Don’t let the trial and errors of the past put a damper on your future.