Having issues with your thyroid is a very big deal. Your thyroid has a major influence on just about all of the metabolic processes in one’s body, this can cause some awful problems.
Thyroid disorder can be a slight enlargement of the thyroid or even something as life threatening as cancer. The most frequent issues with one’s thyroid are caused by a distressed production of thyroid hormones.
A thyroid disorder can cause a wide range of things such as:
- weight loss
- weight gain
If for some reason you’re producing too many thyroid hormones you could come down with another dangerous thyroid issue known as Hyperthyroidism. Do you suffer from a thyroid problem?
Here are the seven foods you should avoid if you have a thyroid disorder:
- Sugar- Avoiding foods with excess sugar will help keep you from packing on extra weight.
- Fried foods- These foods can prevent your body from being able to absorb thyroid hormone replacement medicines so we need to stay as far away from them as possible.
- Coffee- Excessive caffeine can cause problems with your adrenal glands so cutting back will do you a huge favor.
- Cruciferous Veggies- Things like broccoli could reduce the production of your thyroid hormones and we don’t want that.
- Gluten- Gluten can cause the body’s immune system to attack it and the enzymes you get from your thyroid which will leave you in even worse condition.
- Soy- This in general, can worsen your symptoms if you must have it stick to tempeh.
- Processed foods- These foods usually have large amounts of sodium which are not good since most people who suffer from thyroid disorders also have high blood pressure and those who do not have an increased risk.