While antibiotics can help with a large number of issues it appears we are becoming resistant to them. This is because they are being overused.
The bugs we are contracting are no longer being affected by these antibiotics. These antibiotic-resistant bugs are known as superbugs and include:
- MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus)
- Neisseria Gonorrhoeae
- Streptococcus Pneumonia
- Fluconazole-Resistant Candida
That is just to name a few. How do we fight off these diseases if they are resistant to the things we use to combat them? In order to prevent the overuse of antibiotics and in term prevent further resistance to them, we can use natural antibiotics. These are best used for benign issues like viral infections and things like cold congestion and colds. There are actually quite a few natural antibiotics out there and the best part is you do not need a prescription to use them.
- Raw Honey
- Honey can be used for many different things. Raw honey is packed full of amino acids, B-vitamins, enzymes, minerals, and antioxidants. It is also known for containing bee propolis which works well with its antibiotic properties.
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil has been a big deal here lately and with good reason. It is amazing. On top of all of the other benefits, you can get from coconut oil it is antimicrobial against bacteria and fungus. You can use coconut oil to treat many different skin infections.
- Garlic is an antimicrobial that can be used as a natural antibiotic and is probably my favorite from this list. It can be used against fungal infections topically. If you want to use a garlic it is best to cut it about 20 minutes before you are going to be using it. Allowing it to sit will help activate the allicin process.
- This is a herb that is great to have. If you are experiencing the early stages of a cold or even the flu this is the herb for you. While it is able to help with these early symptoms it is fantastic when treating things like upper respiratory infections and has even been used to neutralize the venom from snakebites traditionally.
- Oregano Oil
- This has been proven to be an antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal product. It can be used during cold and flu season as well as a way to remove some parasites from the body.
You may have some of these natural antibiotics laying around your kitchen right now. If not go out and buy a few of them. They will do you a world of good in the long run. Who knew getting rid of a cold could be as easy as ingesting honey?