10 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor
Vaginal odor is something we do not like to talk about but it is something all women deal with at some point in their lives. It is not something to be ashamed of.
Vaginal odor can happen because of a large number of different reasons. Things like bacterial growth, yeast infections, hormonal changes, STDs, and in some cases poor hygiene.If the issue is infection related you will likely notice other symptoms as well like redness, itching, or burning. Generally, a fishy odor is usually caused by bacterial vaginosis.
Having a stinky vagina can be extremely embarrassing, you may even be silently suffering hoping no one can smell the issue at hand. This is no way to live. You should do something about this. There are tons of natural remedies for vaginal odor. These remedies will help you tremendously and allow you to put that fishy smell behind you.
Here are the 10 best natural ways to rid yourself of vaginal odor:
Baking soda is something that can be used to balance the pH level in your body. If your body’s pH level is the issue at hand the problem will go away using this method of treatment.
- Put one cup of baking soda in your bath water
- Soak your body for about thirty minutes.
- Dry yourself off with a clean towel and do this again in a day. This will fight yeast infections as well.
Garlic is a natural antibiotic and can deal with most vaginal infections easily. The antifungal properties found in garlic are great for helping your body get rid of bad bacteria.
- Eat garlic whether it be raw or cooked daily.
- Eating raw garlic on an empty stomach is probably best.
ACV is an antibacterial and an antiseptic. it can be used to fight vaginal odor in most cases. It will fight off toxins and bacteria that could be causing your strange odor.
- Mix 4 cups of apple cider vinegar into a warm bath.
- Soak in this for 30 minutes at least.
- Do this several times a week until you see results.
Yes, something as simple as white vinegar can help you. It is capable of neutralizing odors because it breaks down the odor proteins.
- Mix one cup of white vinegar and salt into a warm bath.
- Soak in it for 30 minutes.
- Do this a few times a week.
Tea tree oil can be used to get rid of unpleasant smells because it can get rid of the bacteria causing them. it is a very strong antifungal and is perfect for treating vaginal odor.
- Add six drops of this into a cup of water.
- Rinse your vagina with this several times a week.
- Be sure to rinse the whole vagina and not just the outside.
This is something that all women need in their lives. It is very beneficial to us and when consumed regularly it can help balance hormones and promote regular menstruation cycles.
- Soak four teaspoons of these seeds in one cup of water before bed.
- When you wake the next morning strain the seeds out and drink the water on an empty stomach.
Now if you notice any side effects like skin irritation or diarrhea please stop using these seeds. They are amazing but can in some cases cause these things. Pay attention to what happens to your body.
This is also known as amla and can be used to control the infections that cause vaginal odor. This is also good for those who deal with a thick vaginal discharge issue as well.
- Just eat these fantastic gooseberries daily to benefit from them.
This is another antifungal that is commonly used for a wide variety of issues. It can be used to fight off vaginal infections as well and thus rid you of your vaginal odor.
- Boil about a handful of neem leaves in a pan of water.
- Strain them and allow this to cool.
- Rinse the vagina with the solution daily for about a week.
9. Fresh Fruit and Veggies
Organic fresh fruits and veggies are the key to maintaining a healthy body. Be sure to consume the right amount of vitamin C, leafy greens, and avocado in order to promote vaginal health.
This is something I cannot begin to stress the importance of, you see the mucous vaginal membranes need water in order to be able to function properly. This means we need to make sure they are hydrated properly. Water aids in diminishing vaginal smells. This one boils down to hygiene, you need water in order to keep your vagina in check. Going without showering is never a good thing, be sure to pay extra attention to your lady parts each time you shower.