Vinegar was originally used as a food preservative but as it turns out vinegar has medicinal uses as well. You can use vinegar for a large number of things.
Vinegar has been used to treat everything from poison ivy to stomach aches and that’s just a start. In French vinegar means ‘sour wine’ it can be made from just about any carbohydrate that can be fermented. This includes grapes, potatoes, dates, beets, and apples. Most manufacturers pasteurize and filter their vinegar in order to prevent the ‘mother’ from forming (Mother being a cobweb like amino acid based substance.) But if you can get some that is murky so to say, would honestly be the best to get.
I recommend keeping at least a jug of vinegar around your house at all times. You never know when it might come in handy.
Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Diabetes- Yes, you can use this to help treat diabetes. Vinegar is said to be anti-glycemic and has been known to have a beneficial effect on blood sugar levels. There have even been studies done that found vinegar was able to improve insulin sensitivity in some individuals with type 2 diabetes.
- Heart Health- Vinegar can lower cholesterol levels thanks to the ascetic acid found in it.
- Weight Loss- Vinegar has been known to help people lose weight as well. It appears to have an anti-obesity effect so to speak. It increases satiety and reduces the total amount of food consumed. So for example if a person consumed a small amount of vinegar along with their meal they would eat less food throughout the rest of their day.
- Congestion- Vinegar can help to break up and reduce the mucous in your body, thus helping to clear your sinuses up.
- Acid Reflux- Generally acid reflux occurs when we don’t have enough acid in our stomachs. This can be improved by taking raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar daily.
- Warts- Yes, warts. You can apply ACV to your warts in order to help remove them due to its high acidity.
- Skin Irritation- Apply it to the affected area and wait. This will reduce irritation.
- Cleaning Your Home- Yes vinegar is a natural cleaning agent.
- Weed Killer- This will be effective in killing weeds in your yard or garden and it’s safe!
- Deodorant- Yes, I know it sounds strange but you can use it as deodorant. It helps kill odor causing bacteria.
The list really does go on and on. If you want to know more about the benefits and uses of ACV please watch the videos below.